Team Leader Wafer Level Packaging Integration
What you will do
- Your mission as the team leader for the Wafer Level Packaging Integration team will be to coordinate a team of scientists, engineers and technicians in their exploratory pathfinding work for Advanced Packaging technology development.
- You are responsible for the streamlined project execution of the team of integration engineers. You are also responsible for the roadmap development of the different technology building blocks within imec’s Scaling focused Advanced Packaging activity, working closely together with the design group, process development department and also the reliability & failure analysis group.
- You will be reporting the results to internal stakeholders, including peers across team/group/unit and to the external stakeholders including imec customers and core partners, as well as the scientific community. As team leader you will be expected to act on your team member’s behalf in technical meetings with senior management.
- You will also be responsible for the career development of your team members, identifying key skills gaps and proposing solutions to ensure those gaps are filled whilst remaining within budget.
- You need to stay on top of the state of the art within your team’s competence domain and benchmark imec’s solutions with those of our key competitors.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We also offer you an attractive salary added with extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance and long-term disability insurance. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances. On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Furthermore, imec offers various training possibilities and social services, such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care on site, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
The ideal candidate has/is:
- obtained a PhD, master’s degree or equivalent industrial experience, with a focus on Advanced Packaging process technology, semiconductor process technology and a good background on materials characterization.
- 10+ years’ experience in semiconductor processing or integration.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience in supervising a technical team.
- experience in a customer facing role is an asset.
- an enthusiastic team player, motivator, yet able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision, in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment.
- able to plan, drive and complete complex, multi-disciplinary projects on schedule and with a focus on quality.
- excellent English communication skills and is willing to work in a multicultural environment.