R&D Group Manager - Lithography Development Solution
What you will do
As R&D group manager of the Lithography Development Solution group, part of the Advanced Patterning Department, you will be responsible for the scientific deliverables as well people management of 3 teams.
Your key tasks:
- Leading, supporting and guiding the Lithography Development Solution Group in a high paced environment
- By enabling imec’s expert engineering staff to deliver lithography solutions for customers (internal and external)
- Guiding the teams towards a structural way of working and with the planning and prioritizing of their work (when needed).
- By empowering professional development, you build an environment with a high level of engagement and productivity within your teams. You use a “leader as coach” methodology to focus and increase motivation of the group members.
- Your technical background provides strategic and tactical guidance to technical staff and your manager colleagues to allow drive for innovation as well as good project planning.
- Your prior experience enables your role as a technical manager within the department. Your knowledge facilitates detailed discussions with staff and imec customers helping to define roadmap and strategy for the department.
- You regularly report to your department head, program manager, program director or to the customers on progress and results as well as on new opportunities.
- You’re familiar with lithography primarily, but also photoresist, metrology & inspection, and you can participate in discussing technical issues with diverse engineering teams and senior management.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a PhD or MSc in science or electrical engineering and a strong background in lithography and/or process integration.
- You have several years’ experience in people management, preferably in a matrixed management organization.
- You have at least 10-year work experience in a semiconductor environment with preferably a background in lithography processing.
- Knowledge of scanner, tracks, photoresist and metrology is a significant asset.
- You have experience in presenting scientific results (publications, conferences and seminars).
- You have outstanding English communication skills to work successfully in an international dynamic team environment.