R&D Operations Manager
What you will do
- You coordinate R&D operations within a department. In order to do so, you consolidate the needs across programs/projects. You facilitate through proactive identification and removal of operational bottlenecks. You drive collective recovery and/or escalations and you report on operational performance of the department (across different programs/departments).
- You drive systemic (Xdept/program) operational improvement (projects), business process improvement, ... with an eye for department needs as well as for corporate needs. You start from a strong analysis, from which you (re-)design the business process. You build buy-in, implement and drive adoption.
- You run the periodic capacity planning processes and you ensure consistency of the roll out of this process through coaching of involved parties.
- As an expert for planning and managing R&D projects you roll out methodologies across teams/depts and coach stakeholders on planning, risk management, operational sizing, working methodologies ....
- You propose and implement effective data visualization and analysis methodologies to facilitate monitoring and controlling of operations. Preferably you have experience with PowerBI. Also having experience with Microsoft Office 365 tools (Sharepoint, Power Automate, ...) is a plus.
- You report to the R&D Unit VP and you have a functional reporting line to the Operations director.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- OPS DNA, education or experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead: >5-10 yrs experience, to drive improvement projects
- Think business process output (not procedure)
- Interest & ability to understand technology language and technology development business process
- Able to manage variety of stakeholders
- Active listening & facilitation skills / Good analytical and observation skills / Ruthless logic
- Personal impact & empathy
- Transparent communication
- Perseverant / Get things done / Self-motivated and resilient
- Proven track record driving implementation & adoption of changes
- Project management méthodologies (Agile, PMBOK)
- Business process management know how