The Internet & Data Lab (IDLab) is an imec research group at the University of Antwerp and Ghent University. IDLab focuses its research on internet technologies and data science. Bringing together 300 internet experts, we develop technologies outperforming current solutions for communication subsystems, high speed and low power networking, distributed computing and multimedia processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and web semantics.
IDLab collaborates with many universities and research centres worldwide and jointly develops advanced technologies with industry (R&D centers from international companies, Flanders’ top innovating large companies and SMEs, as well as numerous ambitious startups).
By 2020, billions of objects will be interconnected, delivering a wealth of information. At IDLab we contribute today to the global standards of tomorrow. Key contributions have been made to W3C, MPEG, OSGi, 3G/4G/5G, IETF, etc. In our labs we also demonstrate technology beyond 2020.
To strengthen the team in Antwerp, we are looking for a research valorization director in IoT/5G, which can bring IDLab’s research on Internet of Things and 5G to its partners through win-win collaborations
What you will do
As a Research Valorization Director, you will build partnerships with the R&D departments and managers of both national and international partners. You act in a team with three other research valorization directors, each with their own area of expertise. This entitles the following aspects
- You are responsible for building trusted relationships with the Flemish and international eco-system and maintaining them with a strong focus on next generation wireless networking such as Internet of Things and 5G.
- You capture the overall industrial needs and are able to link them to the overall IDLab research strategy and activities.
- You setup both national and international strategic collaborations with industry and international research centres.
- In consensus with the scientific leads, you are responsible for initiating new initiatives, which have potential for new promising industry collaborations.
- You define the strategic directions of the IDLab development programs in consensus with the scientific leads (professors). In consensus, you shape the program team and monitor the swift execution of the programs at a global level.
- You coordinate the interaction with the imec business development team, contract legal and IP divisions.
- You are responsible for awareness creation, opportunity recognition and portfolio management related to patents and spin-offs.
Who you are
As Research Valorization Director you have proven experience in business development and/or innovation management. Experience with public-private partnerships is definitely a plus. You have the analytical mindset and the technical background to ask the right questions and spot research opportunities in the domain of IoT and 5G. Thanks to your technical and business expertise, you are able to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives, technical and non-technical projects teams and colleagues. You are a team player who is able to motivate people to jointly strive for a common goal. You can build bridges: both within the organization as outside. As a communication superstar with an agile mindset, you inspire your team members and stakeholders creating a collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, knowledge and innovation.
Please contact Steven Latré.