Researcher Advanced Device Defect Characterization
What you will do
As Researcher Electrical Characterization of Advanced Logic and Memory Devices you join our Device Reliability and Electrical Characterization group.
Your primary responsibility will be to analyze electrical defects and traps in emerging memory device technologies. More specifically, you are responsible for Random Telegraph Noise and variability analysis of 3D SONOS and Ferroelectric memory cells.
Your more specific responsibilities will include:
- Define and design test structures related to defect characterization in various memory technology generations (Flash, Ferro Memory, Emerging memories)
- Develop and refine measurement routines and software for defect characterization and data analysis
- Define and execute experiments and analyze experimental results on those memory devices and help in understanding the impact of processing and the modeling of the devices
- Based on this, work with memory integration and device teams, to make proposals and find solutions to improve the reliability and memory performance of the technologies under development
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD or equivalent industrial experience in applied sciences, preferably in electronics, physics or nanotechnology
- Strong background in basic sciences and strong analytical skills.
- Insight and background in advanced logic and memory CMOS technologies is a plus
- You have hands-on experience in semiconductor electrical characterization, RTN, defect physics and statistics
- We value your background in modeling variability and RTN in logic and memory devices and technologies
- You are able to run simulation/TCAD, and have the ability to analyze large amounts of data using scripting languages ( Python knowledge is a plus)
- You can work independently with minimum supervision. At the same time you are willing to share your knowledge. When needed, you help your colleagues and you are a nice, trustworthy team player.
- At imec, we work in an enriching environment with more than 70 different nationalities. This is why our new colleague (you?) needs to have excellent English written and oral communication skills and an open mindset.