Researcher IoT Systems
What you will do
Your main focus is to develop IoT system signal processing algorithms, with an impact on the choice of architectures and their implementation. Your responsibilities will include:
- System level analysis, performance studies, and evaluation of IoT communication, localization, or radar systems.
- Define the top-level architectural structure and divide them into separate sub-blocks according to derived specifications.
- Draft innovating concepts for the signal processing blocks of the IoT systems.
- Development of algorithms and solutions for IoT systems. In specific, design of algorithms for signal processing, including synchronization, compensation, calibration, and error correction.
- Interfacing with experts on data science, artificial intelligence, deep learning algorithms, network protocols, security.
- Translate your new insights into patent applications and publications at peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Contribute to the IoT system team discussions and interact with system experts, analog and digital IC designers, SW stack developers.
- Contribute to the vision for the evolution of IoT systems over the next years.
- Interact with external partners as part of the second-line technical support.
What we do for you
By joining the IoT team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and
Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things (IoT) by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- PhD degree in electrical engineering or equivalent through experience.
- 5’years relevant work experience in signal processing, algorithms research and their implementation.
- You are a researcher who aims to deliver high quality and innovative research results within the IoT systems program.
- Good knowledge of state-of-the-art in IoT systems, in particular communication, localization, and radar systems.
- Solid understanding of generic signal processing and communications theory.
- Proven track record in multi-disciplinary projects in SW and HW design.
- Experience in Matlab, Simulink, C++, signal measurement equipment.
- Being able to steer others that will implement ideas on FPGA hardware, or in a system-on-a-chip (SoC).
- Experience with transferring research results into development.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Flexible team player, that sees changes as an opportunity to learn and grow, and can technically lead a team to improve and
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Hands-on attitude. Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, simulations, testing and
debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
Are you interested in this position, then you can talk to XXX (tel. XXX) for more information on the job.
If you want more information on the selection process, you can contact XXX (tel. XXX).
We strongly encourage you to already discuss your interest and possibilities with your manager. You can find information on internal mobility on the employee desk/career.
Do you know someone who is a suitable candidate for this position, go to Share a job to share this vacancy. If you help us finding your new colleague, you are entitled to a referral bonus. You can find the policy on the employee desk.