Researcher Radio Systems
What you will do
The focus of the job is to perform research on new, and innovative designs for radio PHY layer architectures and signal processing schemes for next-generation wireless communication and radar systems e.g. UWB for (indoor) localization, vital signs, and gesture detection using radar, secure car access systems, high data rate communication and brain-computer interfaces, In this role, you will have an impact on the choice of architectures and their implementation. You will deliver high-quality research results within the wireless sensing systems program. In this position you will:
- Conduct system-level research, performance studies, and evaluation of next-generation (radio) communication, localization, and/or radar systems.
- Draft innovating concepts for the signal processing blocks.
- Develop (novel) algorithms and solutions for wireless signal processing, including synchronization, compensation of non-idealities, calibration, error estimation, and correction. E.g., for localization, vital signs and gesture detection, and angle-of-arrival estimation purposes.
- Guide the evaluation of systems in lab and realistic environments.
- Contribute to the signal processing team discussions and collaborate with other engineering disciplines, such as system architects, analog/digital IC designers, and hardware and software developers, to understand and define system-level requirements.
- Interact with customers and (academic) partners as a technical interface for existing and new collaborations.
- Translate your new insights into patent applications and publications at peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
What we do for you
By joining imec on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Imec is pushing the state-of-the-art in the design of ultra-low-power circuits and algorithms to raise the performance and intelligence of sensor systems, and with the researchers and engineers from our wireless systems group, you will create the next-generation platforms for wireless sensing. You will experience a dynamic and stimulating environment working with experts across the technology stack from antennas, mixed-signal integrated circuits, embedded software, and advanced algorithms.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer-paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities. For international candidates, we provide support in the relocation process.
Who you are
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering, communications engineering, or equivalent. In the case of MSc, we ask for professional research experience in an R&D environment.
- Solid understanding of generic signal theory, signal processing, and communications theory.
- Knowledgeable in the state-of-the-art in (ULP) wireless communication, localization, radar architectures, and wireless standards such as Bluetooth, UWB, and WiFi.
- Knowledge of system mondeling with a focus on research and a drive to bring them alive in real hardware.
- The interest and ability to innovate, discover and explore new paths and opportunities.
- Experience in e.g., Python/MATLAB, Simulink, C++.
- Team player with good communication skills and the ability to translate ideas to colleagues with multidisciplinary backgrounds.
- A hands-on and exploratory attitude, which means taking initiative, thinking proactively, having a flexible approach, and solving problems daily are attributes that define yourself.
- Good scientific writing skills and motivated to publish your work in peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Your communication skills in English are excellent.
Does this position sound like an interesting next step in your career at imec? Don’t hesitate to submit your application by clicking on ‘APPLY NOW’.
Should you have more questions about the job and the recruitment process, you can contact Perine Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Perine at +31(0)6-48861256. She will be happy to assist you.