Senior Researcher 2D Material Growth
What you will do
Within imec’s unit process module department, our group’s R&D activities focus on the development of novel nano-materials for beyond CMOS applications. We are looking for a motivated senior material growth researcher to join us. Imec recently invested in a 300mm MOCVD reactor which was adapted to be able to grow in the parameter space that is relevant for the growth of high quality MX2s.
Your main tasks will be:
- Develop and support stable growth recipes of MoS2 and WS2 for the different stakeholders within imec.
- Increase the understanding on the growth parameter space to improve the material quality.
- Explore ways to fabricate hetero-stacks through direct growth as well as through transfer stacking.
- Align with the device experts to understand the integration requirements and understand the device or system requirements.
- Interact with the characterization experts to improve the inline characterization options and secure the fundamental insights linked to the growth processes.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, ‘our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You have a PhD degree in material science/physics/chemistry or equivalent. At least one additional experience (postdoc or industrial) is preferred. You have experience in thin film material growth techniques like CVD, MBE, PVD, PLD.... Experience in field of 2D material growth and transfer would be an important asset. You preferably have experience in basic nanofabrication and a thorough background knowledge in material characterizing techniques.
You are a team player, but still able to work independently.
You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.