Safety Coordinator Life Science Labs
What you will do
Imec's EHS expertise team supports the entire Leuven Imec campus and its broad R&D portfolio. The other Imec sites are also increasingly calling on our expertise in the field of prevention and sustainability. We would like to complement our team with someone who will help us grow and expand our activities.
- You will be the owner of biosafety risk management system and give the first-line biosafety support to Imec life science lab’s
- You will support the business with the execution of bio-safety risk assessments and manage the risk assessment database
- You will review bio safety processes, procedures, and work instructions and give biosafety training
- You will support the preparation, approval, and submission of regulatory files
- You will organize and chair the periodic biosafety committee
- You will execute regular inspections and audits to assure legal compliance in the biolabs and supervise the biowaste management system
- You will investigate and review biosafety incidents and accidents
- You will review and advice on the purchase and use of new biological products, disinfectants, biocides, biosafety related PPE’s, biosafety projects and equipment
- You will liaison with governmental (LNE, SBB) and external associations (Belgian Biosafety professionals)
- You will follow up and when needed implement new biosafety legislation (Biocides, Animal by-products, Human body material, Biobanking,...
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
If biosafety is your passion and you like working in an exciting R&D / Life science environment, this role is for you. We believe that communication and shared accountability are essential in our profession, so we are looking for a self-assured and persuasive bridge builder in you.
You have or you are willing to gain experience in biosafety management. Preferably you have background in microbiology, gene engineering, (bio)medical or pharmaceutical sciences. You are able to work in a structured way and bring projects to a successful conclusion. Experience in other EHS fields is helpful.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but still see yourself fitting into this picture, do not hesitate to apply. At Imec we invest heavily in your development.