SAP Solution Architect
What you will do
The SAP Solution Architect develops, executes and maintains an architectural vision and strategy for the area assigned to him/her. This person is the decision taker in solution definition, topic related discussions and estimations, in alignment with application and/or software engineers. The ICT solution Architect takes leadership in the execution of smaller projects or enhancements.
The SAP Solution Architect works closely with the Enterprise Architecture team and sets the framework for a target architecture around SAP and its integration within the overall application landscape.
- Develops and maintains an architectural vision and strategy for the usage of SAP within imec. Follows trends within the IT sector to ensure innovation. Gives input to the ICT director when it comes to the budget required to execute this vision/strategy/roadmap.
- Is responsible for the functional management of internal or external development capacity
- Takes the decisions in solution definition, discussions and estimations in alignment with Enterprise Architecture & ICT Management
- Takes the (technical) lead in the delivery of smaller projects or enhancements (following the PMO principles in case of projects)
- Ensures application management delivery (roadmap follow-up with suppliers – follow-up batch jobs – propose internal improvements - …)
- Is required in some cases to take the role as application engineer, focused on the functional aspect of this job, but technical analysis or support tasks should be minimal.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience as an SAP expert
- Cross-module knowledge, understanding the integration of processes, rather than being the specialist in 1 of the modules
- Proven knowledge and passion in following the market and technological evolutions SAP is going through
- Within its own product offering
- In terms of integration with other applications
- You are open-minded in following new evolutions and what these can offer in the specific context of imec, considering the overall enterprise architecture as well as previous investments
- You have strong communication and presentation skills
- You take ownership and can deconstruct complex problems and projects into execution detail