MICLEDI is a fabless developer of MicroLED displays for the Augmented Reality (AR) market. Part of the process technology and prototyping is developed in collaboration with IMEC and will eventually be transferred to an industrial foundry partner for mass production. Our technology is based on an innovative combination of III/V materials processing, 3D integration and 300mm Si based processing combined with a proprietary ASIC to provide a self contained, compact monolithic AR display.
We are now looking for a semiconductor metrology and test engineer to strengthen our activities in Leuven (Belgium).
What you will do
The main responsibilities of the semiconductor metrology and test engineer will be:
- Management and optimization of the ongoing metrology activities supporting our integration development activities;
- Development and execution of end-of-line parametric testing and electro-optical microLED device characterization;
- Continuous improvement programs of anything metrology and test related in order to increase performance and yield of our final MicroLED displays;
- Depending on applicants qualifications and interests, this position may gradually focus and specialize in either metrology or test responsibilities.
This role includes:
- Support process development and process integration activities with our development partners and suppliers through:
- Supporting daily metrology and data analysis activities related to the ongoing development work;
- Optimizing in-line metrology procedures for both process development and transfer to mass production;
- Independently execute metrology oriented improvement projects specifically targeted to device yield and performance improvement.
- Establish and optimize in-house end-of-line opto-electrical device test and characterization capabilities
- Responsible for in-line wafer level and packaged level electrical and optical device testing characterization of the final microLED displays;
- Optimizing electro-optical device (LED) test strategies.
- Primary interface with our partner’s metrology and device test experts. Manage development and improvement projects with our partners and suppliers;
- Support our mask design activities to further enhance and optimize metrology and test capabilities;
- Correlate in-line metrology data with end-of-line electro-optical data in order to improve device yield and performance;
- Data management.
Who you are
- PhD or master in Science or Engineering with a minimum 5 years of relevant industrial experience in a semiconductor research and/or manufacturing context or a related discipline;
- In-depth understanding of and experience with electro-optical LED characterization is a definite plus;
- In-depth understanding of and experience with semiconductor metrology and material characterization technologies spanning the full CMOS integration flow (optical μscopy, various electron microscopy techniques, defectivity, ellipsometry, profilometry, AFM, XPS, SAM, various luminescence techniques, stress measurement;
- Broad understanding of parametric testing and electro-optical device characterization;
- Good knowledge of statistical process control, design of experiments and data analysis. Large dataset processing, manipulation and visualization;
- Software skills and experience with creating, writing and troubleshooting test programs;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work in cross functional and
geographically dispersed teams, thriving in a fast-paced environment.