Senior Analog and Mixed-Signal IC Designer
What you will do
The Imec IoT group in Leuven enjoys a world-class reputation in advanced communication and millimeter-wave sensing radar systems. In these fields, the group has a vertical system approach: our expertise ranges from antenna, front-end, baseband, analog-to-digital conversion to algorithms and systems. The group also combines innovative communication and sensing technologies that unleash the full potential of future smart cities, smart health and internet of things (IoT). Furthermore, research is done in the fields of quantum computing, future RF technologies, mm-wave sensing for life-sciences, mm-wave imaging, …
Specifically for IC design, the group is led by Piet Wambacq and Jan Craninckx, and has an established state-of-the-art research reputation that has been confirmed over the years by our extensive presence in top conferences in solid-state circuit design, such as ISSCC, RFIC, ESSCIRC and CICC.
As an independent research center, we collaborate closely with top players in both industry and academia, giving our people a continuous exposure to both the latest evolutions in industrial challenges and approaches, as well as into the newest emerging academic ideas and paradigms.
We are looking for an experienced analog and mixed-signal design researcher who can participate actively in the innovation and design of advanced High Speed/Low Power Analog to Digital Converters (ADCs).
In this role, your key responsibilities will be:
- Research and design of innovative high-speed, low-power analog and mixed-signal CMOS integrated circuits.
- Drive the bottom-up evolution of these integrated circuits taking technology scaling into account.
- Together with the team, bring new ideas, new technical methods based on your solid technical experience.
- Take part in the interaction with external partners and towards new prospect, as part of the technical support.
- Publish your state-of-the-art research results in international conferences or journals.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in the domain of analog, mixed-signal, RF or millimeter-wave IC design or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 5 years of design experience and you have designed in CMOS technology (40nm, 28nm, 16nmFF).
- Experience in state-of-the-art CMOS ADC design is a strong plus.
- Experience in an industrial context is a strong plus.
- You have solid understanding of solid-state devices, analog/RF circuits, up to the system architecture.
- You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present technical results and choices clearly and concisely.
- You can easily integrate in an international team.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.