Senior Analog and Millimeter Wave IC Designer
Imec is one of the largest independent research centers in the domain of nanotechnology and –electronics with offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, Japan and India. Over 2080 people with more than 70 different nationalities collaborate to perform research that mainly focusses on the development of chips and systems for the future. These are mostly researchers but our staff also consists of engineers, operators and people in logistic supporting roles.
Imec Florida is an R&D design center facilitating collaboration between imec’s headquarters, based in Leuven, Belgium, and U.S.-based semiconductor and system companies, universities, and research institutes. It focuses on R&D of high speed electronics and photonics solutions. Initially, imec Florida will be offering IC design research for a broad set of semiconductor-based solutions such as mm-wave imaging, infra-red imaging, LIDAR systems, and a broad range of sensors.
The exponentially growing demand for advanced wireless communication and sensing capabilities in future IoT devices drives the industry towards ever more complex integration of analog and mixed-signal functionality in sub-nanometer (28nm and beyond) CMOS systems-on-chip (SoC).
We are looking for an experienced MMwave IC-Designer who can participate actively in the design of such complex SoCs. Your key responsibilities will be:
Design key analog and millimeter-wave functional blocks for future radar and communication SoCs.
Drive the bottom-up evolution of analog and RF circuit design taking technology scaling and changing device characteristics into account.
Design state-of-the-art innovative circuits for future radar and communication SoCs.
Take part in the design of multi-disciplinary aspects like the implementation of mixed-signal system loops such as AGC and CFO and other calibration loops.
Together with the team, bring new ideas, new technical methods based on your solid technical experience.
Take part in the interaction with external partners and towards new prospect, as part of the technical support.
- PhD degree in the domain of analog and RF IC design or equivalent through experience.
- 5- 10+ years of analog and mm-wave IC design experience and you have designed in CMOS technology (40nm, 28nm).
- Familiarity with the implementation of wireless communication and/or radar circuits.
- Experience in an industrial context is a strong plus.
- Expertise in mm-wave (40nm, 28nm) and/or mixed–signal design CMOS design is a strong plus.
- Solid understanding of solid-state devices, analog/RF circuits, and transceiver architectures.
- Solid foundational knowledge of analog design.
- Familiar with highly-digitally assisted RF/analog system is a plus.
- You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields.
- Excellent reporting skills and are able to present technical results and choices clearly and concisely.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.
- Proficiency with Cadence specifically Spectre RF.
- Experience with EMX (Integrand) is ideal.
- You can easily integrate in an international team.
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. In addition this is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As befits a true world player we offer you an attractive total compensation package to reward your drive and commitment.