Senior Analog Design Engineer Image Sensor
What you will do
Imec enjoys a world-class reputation in integrated circuit and system design and in technology development. Combining these skills, imec’s Imager SoC group develops specialty image sensors using its own proprietary technology. Within imec’s “Semiconductor Technology and Systems” unit, our group’s research activities focus on the development of specialty CMOS-based image sensors based on our proprietary and unique wafer technologies for imaging. The development of these image sensors is beyond state of the art and these image sensors will be integrated into tomorrow’s biomedical, pharmaceutical and industrial imaging applications.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Analyze and assess feasibility of customer requests for an image sensor.
- Master the architecture of a full image sensor.
- Design high-end electronic circuits for CMOS image sensors with challenging specifications;
- evaluate the sensors in our labs;
- interact on a technical basis with our customers and with our partners delivering specialized industrial services;
- collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary (pixel) design and technology teams.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Analog IC Electronics or equivalent through at least 10 years of experience.
- Excellent insight in analog circuit design is an absolute must, preferably in on-chip image signal processing by high-performance ADC’s.
- You are fluent with Cadence design flows.
- You are a good team player, able to pursue and find compromise.
- You have a natural desire to analyze and solve problems and you are self-critical.
- You are result-driven and you can set and respect deadlines, project management skills are a plus.
- You are an excellent communicator and report competently.
- You express yourself fluently in English.