Senior Analog IC Design Engineer RF & MMWave
What you will do
Imec enjoys a world-class reputation in advanced communication and radar and millimeter wave sensing systems. In these fields, the group has a vertical system approach: our expertise ranges from antenna, frontend, baseband to algorithms and systems. Specifically, for IC design, imec’s established reputation has been confirmed every year by our extensive presence in top conferences such as ISSCC, RFIC, ESSCIRC and CICC.
- Research and design of innovative analog, mixed signal, RF and millimeter wave circuits
- Design key analog and millimeter-wave functional blocks for future radar and communication SoCs
- Drive the bottom-up evolution of analog, mixed signal, RF and millimeter wave designs taking technology scaling into account.
- Together with the team, bring new ideas, new technical methods based on your solid technical experience.
- Interact with external partners and new prospects, as part of the technical support.
What we do for you
In this role, you will work with research teams developing SoC solutions for sensing and imaging technologies with broad applications such as IoT, medical imaging, and industrial inspection. ln exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. You will also have an impact on shaping future research topics in our newest R&D center. Imec is a not for profit organization that offers a supportive and collaborative environment with a prefect blend of academic and industry research culture. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. In addition this is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. We offer competitive compensation packages including medical, dental and vision, and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevent discipline with research in the domain of analog, mixed signal, RF or millimeter wave IC design or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 5 years of design experience and you have designed in CMOS technology (40nm, 28nm).
- You are familiar with the implementation of wireless communication/radar/sensing systems and circuits.
- Experience in an industrial context is a strong plus.
- You have experience in CMOS millimeter wave design (40nm, 28nm) is a strong plus
- You have solid understanding from solid-state devices, analog/RF circuits, up to transceiver architectures
- Experience with highly-digitally assisted RF/analog system is a plus.
- You are proficient with Cadence specifically Spectre RF.
- You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present technical results and choices clearly and concisely.
- You can easily integrate in an international team working across time zones and cultures.
- You are authorized to work in the US.