Senior Analog/Millimeter Wave IC Design Researcher
The Perceptive Systems Group
Imec's Perceptive Systems group in Leuven combines innovative communication and sensing technologies that unleash the full potential of future smart cities, smart health and internet of things (IoT). In these fields, the group has a vertical system approach: our expertise ranges from antenna, frontend, baseband to algorithms and systems. The group in Leuven enjoys a world-class reputation. Specifically for IC design, imec's Perceptive Systems group established reputation has been confirmed every year by our extensive presence in top conferences such as ISSCC, RFIC, ESSCIRC and CICC.
What you will do
5G will transform the way we interact with our world and with each other. Millimeter wave sensors will play a key role in future smart cities and smart health solutions. We are looking for experienced analog, RF and millimeter wave IC design researchers who can participate actively in the innovation and design of sub-nanometer (28nm and beyond) CMOS prototype SoCs.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Research and design of innovative analog, mixed signal, RF and millimeter wave circuits.
- Drive the bottom-up evolution of analog, mixed signal, RF and millimeter wave designs taking technology scaling into account.
- Together with the team, bring new ideas, new technical methods based on your solid technical experience.
- Take part in the interaction with external partners and towards new prospect, as part of the technical support.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in the domain of analog, mixed signal, RF or millimeter wave IC design or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 5 years of design experience and you have designed in CMOS technology (40nm, 28nm, 16nm).
- You have a creative mind and a passion for system and circuit innovations
- You are familiar with the implementation of wireless communication/radar/sensing systems and circuits.
- Experience in CMOS millimeter wave or mixed-signal design (40nm, 28nm, 16nm) is a strong plus.
- Experience in an industrial context is a plus.
- You have solid understanding from solid-state devices, analog/RF circuits, up to transceiver architectures.
- You can work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present technical results and choices clearly and concisely.
- You can easily integrate in an international team.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.