Senior Analog & RF IC Designer
Imec is the world-leading research and
innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of
our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software
and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class
infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of
industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as
healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Analog and RF IC Designer.
What you will do
- Architect and implement ultra-low power transceiver SoCs including innovative methods and circuits.
- Take the lead in the design of multi-disciplinary aspects like the implementation of mixed-signal system loops such as AGC and CFO and other calibration loops.
- Design state-of-the-art innovative circuits as part of an ultra-low power wireless system.
- Together with the team, create new ideas and/or new technical methods based on your solid technical experience.
- Contribute to the vision for the evolution of ULP transceivers over the next years.
- Take the lead in the interaction with external partners and towards new prospects as part of the technical support.
- Coach the (junior members of the) RF IC design team in order to grow the talent, the quality of the work and the innovation.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec Academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master's degree Or PhD degree in Electronic Engineering.
- 7-15 years of experience in RF and Analog IC Design (ideally to include for wireless products).
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Solid understanding of transistors, circuits, architectures and control loops, knowledge on signal integrity.
- Excellent knowledge of transceiver architectures and state-of-the-art in low power transceiver design.
- Experience of coaching junior designers and talents to impact the team's way-of-working.
- Brings in technical experience but also new methods with significant impact on the projects and the teams.
- Able to define and implement next generation, best-in-class transceivers, based on your new ideas and your experience.
- Relevant experience:
- TSMC 40/28nm CMOS;
- Cadence IC6;
- Experience with transferring research results to production.
- Good communication and writing skills in English.
- Strong sense of responsibility for team's success.
InterestedAre you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.