Computational Imaging Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Computational Imaging Engineer.
Computational Imaging Engineer
As a Computational Imaging Engineer you will collaborate and contribute to research teams to create images from LIDAR, THz and millimeter wave imaging systems.
- Develop imec’s research strategy for computational imaging.
- Understand state of the art applications and strategies and propose novel ideas that advance imec’s computational imaging research and technology.
- Model and simulate performance of proposed imaging systems.
- Define, develop, analyze and optimize new and existing imaging algorithms for current and future products.
- Collaborate with the hardware development teams to make better LIDAR, THz and mm-wave imaging systems.
- Publish results in top journals and at leading conferences.
- Network with peers and remain in touch with state of the art innovations in the field of computational imaging and apply new ideas to accelerate research.
- Support sales team with technical information for customer visits.
- This position will report to the Millimeter Wave and THz Imaging Program Director
- You have a PhD in Engineer, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Optics, Computer Science or Information Theory; or a MS and 2 years of industry experience.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in computational imaging applied to OCT, millimeter wave, THz or LIDAR imaging.
- You have working knowledge of industrial grade computational software and imaging simulation tools and software.
- You have excellent algorithm development and optimization skills including complexity reduction.
- You are fluent in parallel programming and vectorization.
- You are able to work with projects with large amounts of source data.
- You have knowledge and understanding of image quality metrics.
- You have the ability to code in C/C++ and Python or other scripting language.
- You possess strong problem solving and innovative thinking skills.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
- You are a flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- You are a quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- You are motivated to push the boundaries of existing technology and can see possibilities for future.
- You have experience in Multidimensional Signal Processing (M-D), Fourier Analysis, and/or Beam Forming
- You have experience in Fourier optics digital imaging, computer vision methods and algorithms, and image quality enhancement
- You have experience in processing 3D data point clouds, object/target recognition
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. In addition this is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As expected from a true world player, we offer you an attractive compensation package including medical, dental and vision, and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Imec’s newest location in Kissimmee, FL, is an R&D design center facilitating collaboration between imec’s headquarters, based in Leuven, Belgium, and U.S.-based semiconductor and systems companies, universities, and research institutes. It focuses on R&D of high speed electronics and photonics solutions. Initially, imec USA will be offering IC design research for a broad set of semiconductor-based solutions such as mm-wave, THz and LiDAR imaging systems.