Data Scientist OnePlanet Research Center
Creating sustainable solutions for OnePlanet
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people on this planet. How can we make our food production and supply sustainable to stop depleting the planet of her resources? Are we able to tackle diseases early on and keep ourselves and the planet healthy for the future to come? Truth be told, we need groundbreaking sustainable technology to deal with these challenges for the planet and humanity. Do you want to createsuch technology and build a better future?
Being part of OnePlanet means you will be working in a thrilling enterprising environment that develops mature sustainable technology. It will be about creating impact in a new team of engineers and medical, data and food technologists. In an interdisciplinary team you will work on innovations that are immediately applied and tested in field labs with our research and industrial partners.
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Scientist to expand our OnePlanet team in Wageningen, Gelderland. You will be responsible for translating state-of-the-art data analytics into a machine learning pipeline to extract new parameters and markers for health and environmental conditions. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will work on huge data sets that are gathered by our OnePlanet partners from Wageningen University or Radboud University. You will be part of a world class multidisciplinary team working on completely new solutions for OnePlanet programs related to nutrition, health, agriculture, …
Your tasks will include:
- Design and deploy a data flow architecture and a machine learning pipeline for the data-driven innovation programs of OnePlanet.
- Translate state-of-the art data analytics and machine learning techniques into algorithms and solutions to extract new parameters and
markers for specific health or environmental conditions.
- Collect, organize and structure data of existing datasets (for example on digital twins).
- Take lead in the interaction with customers and stakeholders to define the features and parameters of interest for selected application domains.
- Generate insights and develop data driven models from multi-sensor data streams and heterogenous data (e.g. genetic, nutrition, agricultural, air pollution).Analyze large physiological data sets to find meaningful personalized health parameters.
- Optimize the computational constraints of the learning algorithms, validate results in real-life and/or (clinical) studies.
- Create machine learning pipelines in a cloud computing environment.
- Give direction to other data scientists (as the DataScience team will be expanded in the future).
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This
is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Imec-NL, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours.
Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- MSc or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or Physics with focus on Machine Learning, Data Mining and Statistical analysis.
- At least 4 years of experience in the field of machine learning, biomedical signal processing algorithms and in developing algorithms that require sensor fusion.
- Proven experience in leading different data projects in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of neural network and deep learning research, ideally with hands-on experience in Theano, Torch, TensorFlow and/or CNTK.Solid knowledge of Python and Visualization is a must and a working knowledge of MATLAB, C, and Java is a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing such as Hadoop Azure, Amazon and Spark (Data Bricks).
- Experience in defining experimental protocols, setting-up and running experimental evaluation is desired.
- Hands-on attitude; which means taking initiatives, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible attitude and solving problems on a daily base.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of physiology and human data (genetics, wearables) is a plus.