Senior Digital Design Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
- Research of innovative digital, mixed signal, millimeter wave, THz and LIDAR circuits.
- Perform digital design from specification to documentation on block and top level according to the imec design flow.
- Come up with new ideas for future digital IC’s, going beyond problem solving, and constantly questioning and challenging the status quo.
- Contribute actively to design review meetings.
- Coach junior colleagues and interns or thesis students.
- Communicate with customers and translate their ideas into specifications.
- Provide the business managers with technical input and resource estimates for project proposals.
- Have a Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with an emphasis on digital and system design.
- Have 3 years of relevant experience including a proven track record in digital design projects for at least 3 years, to join a growing team
- Are a self-motivated and creative experienced digital designer
- Are fluent with programming languages including matlab, python, C(++), VHDL, Verilog and use them appropriately in the flow
- Are enthusiastic for working in an design R&D environment and contributing to a customer’s goals
- You have an excellent understanding of system / digital implementation
- Are a flexible and enthusiastic team player with competent communication and reporting skills
- Can travel internationally with no restrictions on occasion as business needs require
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.