Senior Electronics System
Architect – OnePlanet
What you will do
We need you as a Senior Electronics System
Architect to be part of our multidisciplinary team to investigate
technologies which can be used for creating innovative solutions in the
healthcare domain. In this start-up environment, you will be responsible
for the electronic system design and development of innovative (ingestible and
wearable) medical devices. This development will be based on prototype components
(like sensors, actuators and ASICs) and off-the-shelf sensors, DSP/microcontrollers
and radios, while interfacing to smartphones and other portable devices. Next
to that, you will also coordinate and drive the team in projects involving
multiple technical expert contributors. Your tasks will include:
- Define the system-level architecture and functional requirements given by stakeholders and project goals.
- Translate these project goals into engineering requirements.
- Track requirements, define the specifications, design, implement, verify and validate hardware systems next to the team and to external partners.
- Technical project lead and architect for the development of analogue-mixed signal circuits and embedded systems.
- Design of a system verification an validation plan and make sure that tests are implemented to prove that systems perform according to all requirements and expectations.
- Documentation of the design and the development activities following medical regulations.
- Perform feasibility studies.
- Set up requirements and design test environments for sensitive, high-performance circuits, including acquisition/visualization software or signal analysis scripts.
- Design functional application demonstrators.
- Act as a technical coach for other team members in the area of electronic systems.
- Initiate efficiency improvements in the way of working, e.g. methods and standardization.
- Supports the development of the technology roadmap.
- Identify and initiate opportunities for patent applications.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment
at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned
industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the
market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is multidisciplinary collaboration agreement
between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec The
Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation
and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible
working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally
respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will
be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical
thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You hold an MSc degree in electronics, electrical or industrial engineering or a similar field.
- 5+ years’ experience in (ultra) low-power electronic system design, preferably in the field of biomedical sensing.
- You have experience managing and leading technical projects.
- Experience with the design of miniaturized systems and sensors for medical devices as an application area is highly appreciated.
- You have a good understanding and preferable hands-on experience with:
- Analog and digital circuit design concepts.
- Sensor integration.
- Wireless connectivity protocols like Bluetooth.
- Firmware development.
- Programmable logic development.
- Test and measurement of analogue and digital circuits.
- Experience with programming languages like C (including embedded), C#, VHDL, Verilog, Python or Matlab is a plus.
- Familiarity with FDA regulation and basic knowledge of Medical devices regulations: ISO13485 and IEC 60601 and CE marking procedures are highly appreciated.
- Experience with encapsulation and/or packaging is a plus.
- Experience with supplier and customer interaction is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Hands-on and team player attitude; which means taking initiatives, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible and solving problem attitude are attributes which define yourself.
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow and you can deal with ambiguity.
- You see technical challenges as a source of inspiration.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to
learn more about it, then you can connect with Ana Crehuet, Talent
Acquisition specialist. You can reach Ana at email@example.com. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full
resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.