Embedded Security System Engineer
Imec is one of the largest independent research centers in the domain of nanotechnology and –electronics with offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, Japan and India. Over 2080 people with more than 70 different nationalities collaborate to perform research that mainly focusses on the development of chips and systems for the future. These are mostly researchers but our staff also consists of engineers, operators and people in logistic supporting roles.
In collaboration with our world-wide industrial partners and leading research institutes imec builds on the applications that are years ahead of the industry in the domains of better healthcare, smart electronics, renewable energy and safer transport.
You will define innovative approaches to support new IoT Use cases together with the System architect. You will be responsible for embedding and implementing the security aspects around Imec's IoT solutions. You will contribute to advancing the state-of-the-art by researching new HW/SW security solutions for our industrial partners, prototyping these in innovative demonstrators and exploiting latest
technologies. These prototypes are used in pilot studies in real-life environments with our partners, and are at the same time true eye-catchers for Holst Centre’s potential partners.
- In collaboration with the imec experts on security, implement and integrate innovative security solutions targeting constrained devices.In collaboration with the imec experts on security create an overview of the security and authentication requirements for new designs based on attack profiles.
- Implementation and rollout of new security models to support new IoT Use cases.
- Work with the IC designers to optimize secure system integration in newly developed IC’s.
- Clarification of the HW/SW trade-offs for the new designs based on these requirements.
- Msc in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering.
- Proven track record in secure and/or authentication implementations and system design.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a HW/SW system engineering role.
- 7+ years’ experience in C++, embedded real-time operating systems, low power embedded HW/SW co-design.Good knowledge of security engineering, able to liaise with security experts of different fields
(e.g. Software, hardware and cloud).
- Knows the fundamentals in digital communications, signal processing, and hardware.
- A must is proven collaboration with other designers.
- A plus is proven experience working in close collaboration with other security experts, IC designers, and application experts in multidisciplinary projects.
- An enthusiastic and flexible team player with hands-on mentality.
- Experience in leading small projects.
- Be able to think from customer expectation perspective.
- Quick learner, that is able and interested to acquire new skills and competences.
- Good communication skill in English (written and spoken).
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.holstcentre.com) and be convinced!