miDiagnostics is developing a revolutionary new generation of disposable medical diagnostics tests that require only a small drop of capillary blood and allow detection of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and/or small molecules. Our core technology is a novel silicon-based nanofluidic processor that automatically processes the blood sample without the need of pumps or valves. miDiagnostics’ goal is to remove the need for complex and costly instrumentation, enabling medical decisions to be taken at the point of need or remote areas with a high level of comfort to both patients and caregivers.
We are looking for a senior image analysis engineer with a strong background in image processing & computer vision techniques for biomedical imaging-based applications, with a preferred emphasis on the domain of point of care healthcare devices. As an image analysis engineer you will be responsible for the understanding of key algorithmic blocks in current data analysis pipeline, the development of novel approaches, new algorithms and optimizing existing algorithms. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of other image analysis engineers, electronics engineers, optical engineers, biophysicists, fluidic designers, clinical lab personnel and other imaging specialists.
- Understanding of existing key algorithmic blocks in the overall data analysis pipeline
- Development and optimization of key algorithmic blocks related to image classification
- Contribute to optimizing the prototype image processing and computer vision algorithms onto various platforms (CPU / GPU optimization; potential general-purpose / mobile / cloud target platforms)
- Interface with various external partners for algorithmic API interfaces for GUI and other software elements
- Interface with experimental team to contribute to the needs analysis for data collection for training and testing machine learning algorithms
- Contribute to roadmap of algorithmic development and improvements
Profile and competences
- PhD in computer vision and image processing or Master’s degree with equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of experience with developing computer vision algorithms in research and product development capacities
- Extensive knowledge of image processing & computer vision algorithms and techniques, including but not limited to convolutional neural networks, dictionary learning, template matching.
- Familiarity with standard imaging processing libraries (e.g. OpenCV), machine learning libraries (e.g. TensorFlow) and GPU-optimization platforms (e.g. CUDA)
- Experience with Python, MATLAB and C/C++
- Experience with defining APIs and software architecture development
- Experience with cloud processing, big data or web technologies
- Experience with point of care medical devices
- Experience/knowledge about regulations for biomedical software
- You have a keen interest in biology and medicine
- You are structured, precise and care about details. You attach importance to software robustness, appearance and user friendliness. You are very customer-oriented. You are a motivated team player. You are fluent in English and have good communication skills
- Full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up in the biotech industry based in Leuven, Belgium
- Market competitive salary and benefits package
- miDiagnostics is an international-oriented company with close connections to two world class research institutions
- You will be part of an international and multidisciplinary team
- Be a critical member of the core product development team
- Have responsibility to influence and determine technical direction core technical activities
- You can further grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com with reference to this opportunity.