Senior Photonic Researcher
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Senior Photonic Researcher.
Within imec’s Life Science and Imaging department, our group’s R&D activities focus on the development of novel tools for diagnostics and sensing. We are looking for a motivated senior engineer to join the Life Science and Imaging department to work on integrated photonics technologies for life science applications. Your main tasks will be:
- conceptualize integrated waveguide optics approaches to conventional bulky optic equipment
- use analytical design techniques as well as simulation tools to design integrated photonic systems such as phased arrays or beamformers
- collaborate with other designers to combine different technology platforms and align with the application experts to better understand the device or system requirements
- build and use advanced optical setups to characterize these devices with respect to optical performance and impact on the system functionality
- You have a PhD degree in optic/photonic engineering or equivalent. At least one additional experience (postdoc or industrial) is preferred.
- You have experience in designing integrated photonics systems. Experience in fields of holographic projection, beamforming or LIDAR would be an important asset. You preferably have experience in building and using optical setups, and have background knowledge in nanofabrication.
- You are a team player, but still able to work independently.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec.be) and be convinced!