Senior Photonic Researcher
What you will do
- You contribute to the research and development of integrated, solid-state photonic systems. More specific, you work on photonic beamforming and interferometric projection systems. Your designs are made using analytical design techniques as well as simulation tools.
- You develop techniques for interferometric holographic projection based on integrated photonics.
- In collaboration with other designers, you combine different technology platforms and align with the application experts to better understand the device or system requirements.
- To characterize the devices, you build and use advanced optical setups. You keep optical performance and impact on the system functionality continuously in mind.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in optic/photonic engineering or equivalent. You have gained additional experience during a postdoc or in an industrial environment.
- Working in a team motivates you but you are also able to work independently.
- You are skilled in designing integrated photonics systems. Experience in fields of interferometric holographic projection or photonic beamforming are a plus. Experience in building and using optical setups or a background knowledge in nanofabrication would also be an asset.
- You have good communication skills. Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.