Senior Process Control Engineer
What you will do
You will act as a central expert in the FAB, where you are responsible for Fault Detection Classification (FDC) Co-ordination: setup, configuration, maintenance, standardization, and optimization of factory systems within the process and equipment control domain. You will be responsible to define system requirements, cooperate wtih tool owners in FDC configuration, act as liaison between Fab Systems and Tools Owners and drive FDC implementation projects from start to closure.
More specific, you will
- Provide technical engineering expertise for the following:
- Primary Process and Equipment Controls solutions: Fault Detection / Data Collection - if you have experience with AMAT E3 FDC specifically this a strong benefit.
- Build system solutions partnering with the respective Tool owners.
- Participate in shaping the strategic direction of Process & Equipment controls solutions at imec: systems set-up, configuration and controls, business process improvements (high quality, Lean), and module project prioritization and implementation.
- Ensure weekly metrics reporting and have a continuous improvement responsibility.
- Take on and drive factory system implementation projects critical to business needs.
- Deliver internal customer prioritization coordination and expectation management.
- Drive activities both within and across multiple departments to accomplish tasks required by the technical domain leads.
- Support training to build super-users and champions.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements, and programs.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a master’s degree (or equivalent) in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field; or relevant education and years of working experience.
- You have 8+ years of experience in FAB engineering roles in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Experience with FDC is a must, even better if this is specifically with Applied E3 FDC.
- You have a detailed understanding of semiconductor automated factory systems and by preference understanding of other primary Process and Equipment Control solutions including: Run-to-Run Control, Statistical Process Control / Sampling, Test Wafer Route Management, Recipe Management, Equipment Automation
- We strongly value your familiarity with Industry 4.0, Advanced Control Solutions, and Machine Learning concepts
- Prior programming experience (C#, SQL, Phyton, RStudio) is a plus.
- Thanks to your interpersonal and communication skills, you enjoy working with different teams and you build bridges with different stakeholders, detect their needs, convince them of process & equipment controls solutions. All this to create a significant impact in the working of our fab.
- We appreciate your (technical) problem solving skills and experiences with root cause analysis methodologies (5-Why, 8D).