Senior Process Engineer Thin Films
What you will do
You will be a member of the Thin Film Process Engineering (TFE) team. The team is responsible for the development of many diverse types of processes that will be used by both internal and external customers in their Research and Development projects, on the deposition and anneal tools in both the 200mm and 300mm cleanrooms. In addition, the team is also responsible for the control and improvement of existing processes that are used by the same customers.
As Senior Process Engineer you will have a significant number of responsibilities and will therefore be highly influential in helping to team achieve their many KPIs, goals and targets.
As a Senior Process Engineer:
- Your main area of responsibility will be on the Annealing, Silicidation, Oxidation and Nitridation tools and processes in both our 200mm and 300mm cleanrooms.
- You will have overall ownership and responsibility for process quality on all Annealing, Silicidation, Oxidation and Nitridation tools, supported by TFE colleagues.
- You will have overall ownership of process developments on all Annealing, Silicidation, Oxidation and Nitridation tools in our 200mm cleanroom, and on selected tools in our 300mm cleanroom.
- You will organise and manage the workload of the tools amongst yourself and your support colleagues, to ensure all KPIs are met.
- You will report the process performance of the tools and processes you’re responsible for on a monthly basis to the TFE team leader.
- You will plan and execute development activities within the tools and processes you’re responsible for, delivering on-time high quality results to our customers that meets or exceeds their requirements.
- You will identify and implement process improvement opportunities within the tools and processes you’re responsible for.
- To achieve this, you will be expected to take a significant hands-on role within the clean room.
- You will report progress, results and opportunities to various organisational levels both internally as well as to customers and partners.
- You will make sure the right quality procedures are put in place within the tools and processes you’re responsible for, to safeguard tool and process stability.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master degree or PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Industrial or Materials Science, combined with relevant industrial experience in a semiconductor environment.
- You have a strong working knowledge and experience of various process control and improvement techniques (e.g., SPC, Cp/CpK, FMEA, 8D, etc.).
- You have a strong working knowledge and experience of Annealing, Silicidation, Oxidation and Nitridation.
- You have a strong understanding of the other semiconductor manufacturing areas (e.g., Lithography, Etch, CMP, etc.) and in particular how they interact with the Annealing, Silicidation, Oxidation and Nitridation processes.
- You are highly motivated and self-driven, and will initiate and assume ownership of problem solving and process improvement activities
- You are innovative and creative in finding solutions to problems.
- You are comfortable working in a team environment, but at the same time you can also work autonomously with minimal supervision when required.
- You will act as a guide, mentor and role-model to the other Process Engineers within the Annealing, Silicidation, Oxidation and Nitridation tools.
- You are passionate about application development, data interpretation and are focused on achieving high quality results.
- You have experience in presenting scientific results (publications, conferences and seminars).
- You are highly organised and have a logical and methodical working style.
- You are eager to work in a highly competitive field and a multicultural environment.
- To allow you to function in this multicultural environment you are fluent in both written and spoken English.