Process Integration Engineer
What you will do
You will be working in imec’s Sensor Components Process Integration (SCPI) group as process integration engineer. You will develop and implement novel process flows on 200 and 300 mm wafer fabrication platforms in non-CMOS technologies, such as photonics, MEMS, sensors, 3D or microfluidics.
Your primary responsibilities
- Realize and characterize new process ideas/concepts on 200/300mm wafers
- Process experiments to develop new flows, coordinate unit process and process module developments and follow up lots to achieve functional prototypes
- Analyze in line and end of line metrology and characterization data to select optimal process steps and conditions; make the link between process conditions and performance of the fabricated chips
- Work according to agreed timelines and report on progress internally and to external customers
- Manage time effectively and prioritize to achieve major milestones
- Work efficiently in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers and scientists focusing on design, systems and applications aspects
- Communicate and interact effectively with the other groups within imec, eg. application groups and fab operations
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
Familiarity with process and module step development, able to work and interface with hardware and process step engineers, capability to build complex integration flows starting from basic process steps, and to follow a strict development plan to realize a series of demonstrators are the competencies we are looking for. Good communication skills and experience in collaborating with design, system and application engineers are also required.
- You have a PhD degree in applied science or engineering or a master’s degree with relevant experience. You have a few years of industrial experience in a similar position
- We look for deep experience in semiconductor process technology and process flow integration
- A good understanding of / experience in non-CMOS technologies, such as photonics, MEMS, sensors, 3D or microfluidics is preferred
- Excellent communication and reporting skills required to interface with internal and external customers
- You are expected to take initiative, propose solutions and work independently, while being part of a team
- You have proven problem-solving skills and pro-active attitude
- You show a hands-on approach with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals
- You show perseverance and assertive communication skills, while keeping a constructive attitude
- You have excellent planning and organizational skills
- You are flexible to change between different projects and tasks according to changing priorities
- Your fluency in English is required to flourish in our international environment