Senior R&D Engineer Deposition and Thin Film Expertise
What you will do
For several decades, semiconductor technology has been largely driven by dimensional device scaling. This has led to extensive innovation in deposition techniques to meet the required specifications such as conformality, thickness control or gap fill capabilities. In addition, material exploration has become ever more important and the amount of alternative materials being implemented increases with every new technology node. To address the increasing challenges of degrading material performance directly linked to thickness scaling and reduction of thermal budgets, we are looking for a material expert to strengthen the team. The Thin Films group is responsible for the development, characterization and optimization of deposition processes for dielectrics and metals. We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced professional with a strong material background and who can drive a cross-functional team of people. You will help to steer our material search in the right direction and shortlist material options based on your personal experience and literature reports. We envisage activities related to for example low resistive metals and/or optical materials. You will work closely together with the other process and integration groups to enable the next generation semiconductor technologies needed to handle, store and transmit information. You will build up a close relationship with equipment suppliers to keep up to date of novel technologies and do an early assessment of materials and deposition processes. As a project owner, you will be responsible for the proper definition of milestones, time lines, resources, and ensure the timely execution of a project.
What we do for you
We offer you a challenging position in an advanced high-tech environment, in an international and multicultural team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
We offer you an attractive salary added with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance, long term disability insurance and a pension plan. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances. On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Imec offers various training possibilities and social services such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care nearby, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops. To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or Engineering.
- You are an experienced professional with a strong materials background (5+ yrs).
- Experience in an industrial environment and with semiconductor relevant deposition technologies is a strong plus.
- You will take the technical lead of materials related projects (e.g. highly scaled metals, dielectrics, optical materials, ...).You work according to a well-structured methodology and can define clear goals.
- You can drive a cross-functional team of people.
- You have a creative mind.
- You have high standards and strive to deliver quality.
- You are used to work with deadlines and can handle stress.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present results in a clear and concise way.
- In view of the international environment, good English communication skills are required.