Senior R&D Engineer Dielectric Deposition and Thin Film Expertise
What you will do
For several decades, semiconductor technology has been largely driven by dimensional device scaling. This has led to extensive innovation in deposition techniques to meet the required specifications such as conformality, thickness control or gap fill capabilities. In addition, material exploration has become ever more important and the amount of alternative materials being implemented increases with every new technology node. To address the increasing challenges, the Thin Films group is looking for a self-motivated, experienced professional with a strong material background and who can drive a cross-functional team of people. We want to expand our portfolio of dielectric materials for a wide variety of technological applications. Examples include low-k dielectrics with gap fill capability potentially performing at cryogenic temperatures, dielectrics for advanced patterning with optimized optical properties, low-temperature dielectrics for 3D integration, or dielectrics for OIO applications. You will help to steer our material search in the right direction and shortlist material options based on your personal experience and literature reports. You will combine direct hands on processing of such material on Imec’s advanced industrial 300mm tool set with a project-like way of working. You will work closely together with the other process and integration groups to enable the next generation semiconductor technologies needed to handle, store and transmit information. You will build up a close relationship with equipment suppliers to keep up to date of novel technologies and do an early assessment of materials and deposition processes. As a project owner, you will be responsible for the proper definition of milestones, time lines, resources, and ensure the timely execution of a project.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or Engineering.
- You are an experienced professional with a strong materials background (5+ yrs after PhD).
- Experience in an industrial environment and with semiconductor relevant deposition technologies is a strong plus.
- You will take the technical lead of materials related projects, with an emphasis on dielectrics.
- You work according to a well-structured methodology and can define clear goals.
- You can drive a cross-functional team of people.
- You have a creative mind.
- You have high standards and strive to deliver quality.
- You are used to work with deadlines and can handle stress.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present results in a clear and concise way.
- In view of the international environment, good English communication skills are required.