Senior Researcher Nano Imprint Lithography
What you will do
Imec’s Large-Area Electronics department is developing thin-film technologies and solutions, that involve electronic circuits, MEMS, microfluidics, and optical waveguides integrated on various substrates such as glass, silicon and plastic substrates, for integration into tomorrow’s displays, imagers and biomedical applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for a Senior Researcher to strengthen our Nano Imprint Lithography (NIL) activities. In this role, you will be a driver for the development of our NIL platform to serve applications in microfluidics and optical elements. You will take responsibilities as Project Leader in projects with international customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and organize the NIL platform to meet project requirements
- Provide a profound understanding of NIL, combining expertise in materials, master design and hardware operations
- Understanding of application requirements and their translation into process specifications
- Definition and coordination of projects with customers
- Writing and coordination of public funded projects
- Guidance of PhDs, postdocs and master students to leverage the work
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated researcher, who seizes opportunities and is enthused by new challenges. You benchmark your results with state of the art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
- You have a PhD degree, or a Master’s degree combined with relevant experience in Materials/Electronics Engineering or Nano-science/nano-technology.
- You have extensive knowledge of the NIL technology and preferably experience with optics and/or microfluidics.
- You are experienced with Master design and you are able to translate technology limits into design constraints. You are also experienced with metrology techniques to characterize sub-100nm lithographic features.
- You have cleanroom experience and knowledge about thin film fabrication techniques, including optical lithography.
- You have experience in project writing. You are organized and you can structure a complex project.
- You have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers.
- You can work according to agreed customer timelines and manage time efficiently according to aggressive project schedules.
- You take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
- You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
The imec environment requires a good team player with customer-oriented communication and reporting skills.
Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.