Sensor Application Engineer Livestock
Monitoring – OnePlanet Research Center
What you will do
We are looking for a Sensor Application Engineer
Livestock Monitoring to be part of our interdisciplinary team to
develop new sensor solutions in the field of livestock monitoring. We need you
to guide the technical team, but also to face companies and translate your
technical knowledge into new application opportunities in the livestock domain. By joining us, you will be part
of a world-class multidisciplinary team working on completely new networked
sensor solutions for OnePlanet programs related to animal wellbeing,
agriculture, health, nutrition…
Other tasks will include:
- Identify challenges and opportunities and translate them into propositions and projects in the livestock domain.
- Define and implement next-generation, best-in-class wireless sensor solutions for animal monitoring.
- Set up, execute and lead projects in these particular application areas: automatic monitoring of the health and wellbeing of animals, measurement of their physiological signals and the interaction with contextual measurements, stable conditions, emissions, feed, etc.
- Monitor the interdependencies between projects and proactively anticipate risks.
- Investigate what customers and stakeholders need in terms of new technology by exploring the commercial marketplace for animal wellbeing.
- Provide technical support to the OnePlanet team, review project contributions and formulate recommendations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Promote OnePlanet’s different HW and SW solutions to partners and prospects.
- Work with Program Management and Business Developers to align customer’s needs with project execution.
- Contribute to the definition of new project-proposals.
What we do for you
a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in
an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your
opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement
University & Research (WUR), Radboud University, Radboudumc and imec. Imec
The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive
compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan
and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally
respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you
will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical
thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- You hold an MSc degree in Electronics Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or equivalent through experience.
- You have 10 years of hands-on design experience in (wearable) sensor solutions for animals including electronic/embedded systems design and integration (hardware/software).
- Previous experience in people and project coordination in a high-tech R&D and international environment.
- Good understanding of sensor technologies and the ability to translate this into applications suitable for the livestock industry.
- You have a strong link with agritech and you are aware of the harsh and rigid challenges of applying technology into different livestock environments (indoors and outdoors).
- Solid understanding of system architectures, HW/SW trade-offs, calibration, artefact correction and control loops.
- You can convey ideas (in presentations, discussions at individual and group level), steer (technical) solutions and interact with all stakeholders (technical and management level).
- Your communication skills in English (written and spoken) are excellent.
- Hands-on and exploratory attitude, which means taking initiatives, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible, curious and solving problem attitude are attributes which define yourself.
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow and you can deal with ambiguity.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to
learn more about it, then you can connect with Ana Crehuet, Talent
Acquisition specialist. You can reach Ana at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to apply, then please submit your full
resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.