Sensor Application Engineer
Creating sustainable solutions for One Planet
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people on this planet. How can we make our food production and supply sustainable to stop depleting the planet of her resources? Are we able to tackle diseases early on and keep ourselves and the planet healthy for the future to come? Truth be told, we need groundbreaking sustainable technology to deal with these challenges for the planet and humanity. Do you want to create such technology and build a better future?
Being part of OnePlanet means you will be working in a thrilling enterprising environment that develops mature sustainable technology. It will be about creating impact in a new team of engineers and medical, data and food technologists. In an interdisciplinary team you will work on innovations that are immediately applied and tested in field labs with our research and industrial partners.
What you will do
We are looking for a Sensor Application Engineer to expand our OnePlanet team in Wageningen, Gelderland. You will be part of a world class multidisciplinary team working on completely new networked sensor solutions for OnePlanet programs related to nutrition, health, agriculture, … You will work directly in collaboration with partner companies seeing your work result in actual products at our customer’s side. You are part of a multidisciplinary team of electronic engineers, biomedical engineers,
sensor technologists and data scientists. Other tasks will include:
- Investigate what customers/stakeholders/partner companies need in terms of new products/technology by exploring the commercial
- Define and implement next generation, best-in-class wireless sensor solutions (sensors for monitoring the digestive process), based on imec’s
research and customer input from various industries.
- You can deliver the system and application architecture point of view while understanding and managing
- Preparation, transport and successful implementation of technology and product demonstrations at trade shows/exhibitions in
different parts of the world.
- Ensure that new requirements are captured within our product development activities.
- Provide technical support to the OnePlanet team.
- Provide technical reviews on product specifications and application requirements, including negotiation of parametric and product
- Show imec’s different HW and SW solutions to partners and prospects.
- Pre- & post sales product technical support directly with stakeholders.
- Provide first line technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Imec-NL, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan and flexible working hours.
Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected Research Institutes/Universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
- Master’s or PhD in Electronics Engineering, Physics, Information Science or equivalent through experience.
- 10 years hands-on design experience to include: embedded systems design and integration (hardware/software/sensors) within the semiconductor or consumer industry.
- Solid understanding of system architectures, HW/SW trade-offs, calibration, artefact correction and control
loops.Ability to convey ideas (in presentations, discussions at individual and group level) and steer (technical) solution, interacting with all stakeholders (technical and management level).
- Experience of working in an international environment with both industry and academia.
- Spread your application-oriented way of working across the team.
- Proven capability of interacting with customers.
- Good communication skills with experience in a technical yet commercial environment.
- Your communication skills in English (written and spoken) are excellent.
- Experience of transferring research or advanced development results into production is a plus.
InterestedAre you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs Senior Corporate Recruiter OnePlanet. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563.