Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy. As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for motivated Service Engineers.
As Service Engineer you will be responsible for various pilot production tools and devices, often first versions, sometimes even prototypes.
- You intensively collaborate with process engineers and equipment constructors; identify preventative actions and assure the correct maintenance and repair of the equipment. Together with the manufacturers, you identify, execute and evaluate improvement opportunities.
- In a context in which continuous improvement is a key success factor, you are driven to make maintenance more efficient and cost effective, while the quality and availability of the equipment is guaranteed.
- You take care of a first analysis of all technical questions regarding the hardware aspects of the machinery in your domain and you ensure an adequate solution.
- With your extensive device knowledge you will be able to assist in setting up new processes.
- Together with your colleagues of the hookup department, you install new equipment in the pilot production line.
- You will work in shifts (early, late, 1 weekend out of 3).
You obtained a Master degree in Industrial Engineering or in a technical orientation. By preference, you have a first similar professional experience. Motivated graduates are definitely encouraged to apply as well!
You are fascinated by new technologies and equipment. You are highly technically skilled and have a hands-on knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanics, electronics, etc. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive right into the action. You can work autonomously, take the initiative and are capable to plan and organize your own work. You are a real team player and have strong communication skills in English.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.