Are you a doer/changemaker?
Do you want to actively contribute to startup growth? Is learning through hands-on experience and coaching your thing? What about instantly saving millions of litres of distributed water? Do the words “IoT”, “AI”, “GreenTech”, “InsurTech” and “Circular Economy” trigger your interest? Feel like living the early moments of a growing startup?
In that case, take a look at our trainee offer and join our team.
Who are we?
Shayp won the Belfius Smart Belgium Award, the European Seal of Excellence and was recognised as one of the most promising global InsurTech startups at Zurich Innovation World Championship. Our customers are heavy water users, seeking for savings, ease of operations and the reduction of their environmental footprint. We address cities, facility management companies, institutions and insurance companies.
Our goal is simple:
Grow and conquer the market quickly. To do this, we need to have financial partners that will support us in this journey. We need to identify the investors that will bring the most added value for Shayp while being able to bring to the table the money needed to get us far enough during the next 5 years. As a financial management trainee, you’ll actively help the directors (CEO and CFO) in the acquisition of investors, in the preparation of the data-room and the process of the due diligence.
Have a look at what we do, how we do it and why we do it: https://www.shayp.com/
What is it to be a Financial Management trainee at Shayp:
After being introduced to our service, the industry and our position in the industry, you enjoy the excitement of going through the fundraising cycle, from studying a market to closing an investment:
● Improve financial reporting on past activities of the company
● Document and work on financial projections (best case / worst case) for the next 3-5 years
● Research the investment market in Europe and identify the most value-added opportunities
● Participate in the discussions with the investors
● Support in the due diligence process and provide requested information to the investors
You will work closely with the CEO and CFO, who will accompany you the whole process; to reach the Holy Grail and close an investment (and more!) during your internship.
What we’re looking for
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with partners
● Strong computer skills (MS Office, Excel, Basic programming)
● You have ideas and are eager to implement them
● You make-it-happen and are goal-oriented (Persuasive, persistent and down-to-earth)
● Self-motivated and self-directed
● Able to prioritize, and manage time efficiently
● Available minimum of 3 months – Master’s Degree student in Business/Finance
● Languages: English (French or Dutch professional proficiency is an asset)
What you’ll get
● A chill and goal-oriented atmosphere at the incubator ICAB (Brussels - Belgium)
● Coaching and empowerment
● Training and hands-on as a Finance role
● The opportunity to leave your mark on us
● Upon a successful internship, join the startup as part of the growing team
Send us a mail
Shayp SA - 4 Rue des Pères Blancs - 1040 Brussels
Internship posted on 14/08/2019