Silicon Photonics Platform Integration Engineer
What you will do
- You will be a valued member of imec’s Si Photonics Packaging Team. You will own and drive key activities to guarantee the successful execution of complex deliverables for our Industry Customers.
- Your role as a Packaging Engineer in this technical space will be to conceive of, develop, and maintain integration flows that enable unique heterogeneous integration solutions.
- You’ll use your skills to develop novel integrated “heterogenous integrated platforms” composed of a combination of Si Photonics, Si Logic and Memory Die, integrated on Si Interposers and other novel Packaging substrates.
- Your expertise in integration will guide the Team toward realizing new Passive Photonic Coupling architectures that enable industry leading low loss, and high bandwidth solutions.
- Your other duties will include:
- Working closely with Mask design, Characterization, and Process development engineers. Together you will employ integration strategies in the areas of CMOS Cu BEOL, hybrid Cu bonding, Si wafer thinning, temporary and permanent die to wafer, and wafer to wafer bonding, to build complex advance packaging solutions.
- Taking the responsibility for coordinating yield learning and using data from reliability assessments, experiential learning, and test data analysis, to drive the collective understanding and guarantee project success.
- Streamlining project execution with your keen focus to detail, and ability to interact with a diverse team of process engineers, process assistants, test, and reliability engineers, as well as with external Suppliers and Customers.
- You are inquisitive and stay current with the state of the art within your competence domain. You’re comfortable with brainstorming and participating in collaborations across teams to drive the creation of intellectual property for imec.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
The ideal candidate has/is:
- Obtained a PhD, Master’s degree, or have equivalent industrial experience.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with Silicon Semiconductor process technology, Packaging and/or Advanced Packaging technology, and a solid understanding of Si Photonics integration, in an Industrial setting is highly desirable.
- Experience in DOE and statistical analysis as well as electrical test data analysis
- Experience with III-V device heterogeneous integration and materials is a plus.
- An enthusiastic team player, yet able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision, in a fast-paced and highly interesting environment.
- Able to plan, drive and complete projects on schedule and with a focus on quality.
- Have excellent English communication skills and are willing to work in a multicultural environment.