Smart Flanders Procurement Coordinator
The Internet of Things will change everyone’s future. Imec is joining forces with the Flanders region in the “Smart Flanders program” and aims to bring an intuitive Internet of Things to the city, improving the quality of life for its citizens.
Cities and the public sector want to use the power of the internet of things and digitization to become more efficient, and to create cities that are nicer, greener, healthier, etc. Many companies detect that need, and present their offerings to these cities. The Smart Flanders program of imec supports all Flemish cities willing to become ‘smarter’ and that want to collaborate with various companies in achieving that goal, without the risk of vendor lock-in and the loss of access to data.
The nerve center for this initiative is located in StartupVillage, the location from which imec also runs its Antwerp startup and incubation operations.
To manage this Smart Flanders program, imec is looking for a Smart Flanders Procurement Coordinator.
- Responsible for translating successful solution deployments into replicable procurement offers for the various Flemish cities.
- Primary interface between imec and the Flemish cities with respect to procurement of high tech and innovative smart city solutions.
- Be an interface between companies offering smart technologies and the Flemish cities (and the VGC in Brussels), in first instance (but not limited to) the 14 cities within the Smart Flanders project.
- Will perform thorough research & analyses, facilitate workshops & discussions with all parties involved in the program (e.g. companies having smart city offerings, imec and interested cities), synthesize results into recommendations
- Active involvement in matchmaking, use case development and pilot cases.
As ‘Smart Flanders Procurement Coordinator’ you have proven experience in public and private procurement. Ideally, you can demonstrate a strong track record of managing IT focused tenders in both public and private sector environment.
Your strong analytical skills allow you to review, analyze and distil large volumes of data and documentation, to do recommendations and formulate advices. Thanks to your excellent relationship management skills, you are able to build and maintain positive and effective relationships with all public and private partners in the Smart Flanders program and you ensure mutual understanding. Being technology savvy, your enthusiasm and positive ‘can do’ attitude enable a collaborative atmosphere.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.