SoC Architecture and PPA researcher
What you will do
- You will explore the power, performance and area (PPA) of SoC architecture and SoC subblocks in future technology nodes.
- Teaming up with various experts inside imec, you will explore system and architectural trade-offs for new technologies across the whole system, from new devices and interconnect up to novel memory technology, new (3D) packaging or cooling techniques.
- You will assess which technology enables will bring which gains in the overall system, for different application domains -ranging from general compute to dedicated technology for e.g. machine learning.
- You will maintain and build links with imec’s commercial and academic partners and follow up joint research projects with them.
- You will help drive imec’s technology and architecture roadmap to build the semiconductor technology of the near and far away future.
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD in Electronics or Computer Architectures, or a master with at least 3 years relevant industrial experience.
- You have a background of digital implementation and SoC architecture for one or more application domains (Mobile, Server, …) and can make specification for different parts of SoC in different market spaces.
- You have worked in multi-disciplinary teams, ideally both interacting with architects, hardware designers as well as algorithm and software teams.
- Experience with system exploration simulator software (gem5, mcpat, Platform Architect) or willing to learn to use these tools.
- Since you will work in our exciting multi-cultural environment, you speak and write English very well.