SoC Technology Engineer
What you will do
As we scale towards advanced logic nodes, device scaling become more and more challenging. The benefits and challenges of the different device, backend and patterning options for future technology generations have to be evaluated not only on circuit level, but also from the SoC design side. Especially with the complexity of new patterning options, circuit level assessment is not sufficient to qualify the performance, power, area required and there is also a need to perform a full SoC (System-on-a Chip) loop with place and route.
In this job, you will have the opportunity to:
- evaluate the impact of device, backend and patterning choices on SoC design, in order to guide future technology development.
- set targets for different parts of the SoC for various application domains.
- interact closely with circuit designers, device experts and process integration engineers.
- assess power performance and area evaluation of various technology options at SoC level and look for the right solutions satisfying the requirements at advanced nodes.
- evaluate at circuit level various SoC subcircuits like critical paths, clk trees etc. at the outset of different device and back end options
- generate relevant parts of a digital PDK (Process Design Kit) since we focus on new technology nodes.
What we do for you
Who you are
- We value your Master degree in Electronics Engineering combined with 3 years of relevant industrial experience. Your PhD in digital circuit design looks very interesting and useful to us as well.
- We really need your experience with “synthesis” and “place and route” tools. This allows you to do the evaluation of PPAC (power consumption, performance (speed), die area, and cost), post synthesis and post place and route. In addition, your knowledge of tools like
- Synopsys Design Compiler, IC Compiler, Cadence RTL Compiler and Cadence Innovus/Encou is required. Your experience withVirtuoso is a plus.
- We are looking for your background in digital implementation and SoC architecture in one or more application domains (Mobile, Server, …).
- We also need your skills regarding specifications-creation for different parts of SoC in different market spaces.
- We welcome your experience with working with Spice (Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis) tools to check the integrity of circuit designs and to predict circuit behavior.
- As team member, we would like you to be ready to share your knowledge and discuss results with colleagues.
- We know that you will have more chances to be successful if you combine the above with a persuasive and assertive communication style, using a good level of English.