IMEC city of things
City of Things is the IoT reference living lab and technology lab in Europe for international and local stakeholders to test and validate IoT services, applications and technologies in a large scale, real-time and real-life Smart City environment.
In City of Things, teams from different backgrounds jointly take the next step for smart cities innovation. E.g. in our Bpost proof of concept (https://www.iminds.be/en/news/20151125_bpost-datapartner) the hardware layer team deployed innovative sensors on Bpost cars, the network layer team used the imec LoRa network, the data layer team processed all data in real time and the living lab layer team ensured usability of the visualization.
For further development of the City of Things networking layer, the IDLab Antwerp group of imec (http://idlab.technology) is looking for a software developer to join the team.
- Technical (ICT) profile with degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar degree
- Hands-on experience with software development is required, experience with embedded software and network software is a plus
- Successful candidates are highly motivated and like to work effectively in an interactive network research team.
- Proficiency in English or Dutch, both reading and writing, is a must
You develop prototype solutions for City of Things use cases using a variety of software tools in your tool chain. These include Linux development with languages like Python or Java. You are not afraid to adopt a new framework or upcoming technology. You are familiar with wireless networks and could integrate typical upcoming technologies such as LoRa.
- Type of contract: full time
- Employment: temporary assignment for 12 months possibly leading to a permanent position
- Application requirements: CV and motivation letter
- Location: Antwerp