What you will do
ETRO, an imec research group at Vrije Universiteit Brussel, is looking for an experienced C++ software developer for working on state of the art biomechanical modelling methods in close collaboration with researchers within the department and beyond. We are looking for a software developer with clear interest in biomedical applications and signal processing.
- You become the main programmer of an existing state of the art biomechanical modelling toolbox
- Translation of algorithms prototyped in Matlab into C++
- Software architecture, design and development of C++ applications
- Participation on process improvements and technology decisions
- Problem fixing, debugging, writing unit tests, code reviews
- Maintaining documentation
- You take a coordinating role in the software development process
You will work within a small research team (currently 14), composed of professors, post-doc re-searchers, PhD students and research scientists. Given the highly interdisciplinary nature of the different research projects, we look for enthusiastic team players that have a clear interest in scientific research and in biomedical applications. Our team is currently a fruitful mixture of people from different nationalities. Consequently, the working language is English.
Who you are
- Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies, Electro technical engi-neering …
- Advanced C++ programming on multiple platforms
- Fluency in object oriented programming
- Advanced knowledge of English
- Several years of experience as a software developer
- We are looking for a highly-motivated person, eager to learn, who is not afraid of taking responsibility, while being a team player as well.
- Previous experience in (bio)medical software development is highly appreciated.
- Hands on experience in working with 3D models is appreciated.
The accepted candidate should be available on the short term and will have an initial contract until mid 2019. Depending on the obtained results and the secured research funding, the contract might be extended after that period.
Do not hesitate to contact Bart Jansen for further questions on this vacancy.
Prof. Dr. Bart Jansen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ETRO, imec research group at Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Pleinlaan 2, 1050 Brussel.