miDiagnostics is developing a revolutionary new generation of disposable medical diagnostics tests that require only a small drop of capillary blood and allow detection of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and/or small molecules. Our core technology is a novel silicon-based nanofluidic processor that automatically processes the blood sample without the need of pumps or valves. miDiagnostics’ goal is to remove the need for complex and costly instrumentation, enabling medical decisions to be taken at the point of need or remote areas with a high level of comfort to both patients and caregivers.
We are looking for a senior software developer/engineer with strong background in developing products and services for imaging-based applications. As a developer you will be responsible for the implementation, testing and documentation of our key imaging-based algorithms. Your main assignment will be to productize and extend the prototype research algorithms that can eventually run on various platforms like laptop, mobile devices and in the cloud. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team consisting of engineers (electronics, electrical, optics, bio), bio-physicists, fluidic designers, interface developers and other imaging specialists.
- Implementation, testing and documentation of imaging-based algorithms
- (Co-)Defining the architecture for the software.
- (Co-)Defining the technology stack.
- Optimize the prototype image processing & computer vision algorithms onto various platforms (laptop/mobile/cloud)
- Interface with various external partners for algorithmic API interfaces for GUI & other software elements
- Contribute to the roadmap of software developments
- Interact with research teams and product development teams
- Create and maintain key software specifications
- Create and maintain key documentation relevant for regulatory approvals
Profile and competences
- You have a Professional Master’s degree in Informatics or equivalent through experience
- You have at least 5 years of software product development experience, preferentially in a diagnostic or medical domain
- You have knowledge of or exposure to standard image processing & computer vision algorithms and techniques, preferably in an industrialized context.
- You are familiar with optimizing image processing & computer vision algorithms for CPU or GPU platforms.
- You are familiar with standard product development languages such as (modern) C++, and can learn a new programming language rapidly
- You are familiar with defining APIs and developing software architectures
- Experience with Python & MATLAB is a plus
- Experience with standard imaging processing libraries (e.g. OpenCV) is a plus
- Experience with cloud processing, big data or web technologies is a plus
- Experience/knowledge about regulations for biomedical software is a plus (GDPR, HIPAA)
- Experience with point-of-care medical devices is a plus
- You are structured, precise and care about details. You attach importance to software robustness, appearance and user friendliness. You recognize a code smell when you see one. You are very customer-oriented. You are a self-motivated team player. You are fluent in English and have good communication skills
- Full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up in the biotech industry
- Market competitive salary and benefits package
- miDiagnostics is an international-oriented company with close connections to two world class research institutions (imec and Johns Hopkins University)
- You will be part of an international and multidisciplinary team
- You can further grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics
Please apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to this opportunity.