Within the imec Solutions department, we build application-oriented prototypes around unique imec chip-level technology. Together with the component experts, we innovate at the system level to bring these imec technologies to the next level and to bridge the gap between research and industry. Our mission is to demonstrate and validate these systems in a relevant environment and generate valuable data for our customers. We are building a multidisciplinary team that has expertise in system engineering, mechanics, electronics, optics, software, product development and quality systems.
Projects of imec Solutions include:
- Hyperspectral imaging: https://imec-int.com/en/hyperspectral-imaging
- NIR & SWIR sensing technoglogy: https://vimeo.com/653649418
- Neuropixels: https://www.neuropixels.org
- Breathalyzer: https://vimeo.com/631788838
What you will do
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team in Leuven, to focus on the development of the Application level software that will control our prototypes. These are systems, built around imec chip-technology, complemented with hardware and software components to increase the level of maturity of our research artifacts. Together with our team it will be your job to contribute to the software aspects of these prototype systems. This software will interface with and configure the hardware, orchestrate the data acquisition and take care of configuration, calibration and data correction. A well-structured user interface is crucial to enable internal and external users to exploit the system to its fullest potential.
This will be your main responsibilities:
- Develop PC (Windows/Linux) and/or embedded applications to control imec’s custom developed prototype systems.
- Integrate signal/image/data-processing pipelines according to application requirements.
- Maintain and extend our in-house developed software libraries and platforms.
- Work in multi-disciplinary project teams, together with electronics, optics and domain experts.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Manage time effectively according to project schedules and quickly adapt to new project requirements.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You hold an MSc in Engineering, Computer science or equivalent by experience,
- You have at least 3 years of experience with software engineering in a professional context.
- You have interest for research and cutting-edge technology.
- You are very experienced in Python.
- Experience with GUI development (e.g. with QT or WPF).
- Source code management & version control using Git.
- Knowledge of Matlab, C++ or C# is a plus
- Both hands-on mentality and system thinking are required.
- A team player with excellent communication skills and fluent in English,