Software Engineer, C++/Python (2y contract)
What you will do
NERF is an interdisciplinary research center supported by imec, KU Leuven and VIB where scientists study neuronal circuits and develop new technologies to link circuit activity to brain function. You will be embedded in a team of experimental and computational neuroscientists at the Neuro-Electronics Research Flanders (NERF). Your expertise will be crucial for advancing our mission to obtain a detailed understanding of brain function in health and disease.
- build a platform for real-time processing of streaming neural data,
- develop and maintain the tools for offline analysis of experimental data.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further grow.
Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for an analytical candidate with a Master’s or PhD degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field, ideally, combined with 2+ years’ experience in writing C++ and Python applications for Linux.
- We need your experience working in code bases of mixed Python, C++, and Python extensions.
- Also, your experience in machine learning, signal processing, statistics and embedded systems will be valued.
- We are looking for your experience with soft real-time, multi-threaded systems and version control systems such as git.
- A desire to learn as well as teaching others is required as well.
Things that make a difference:
- A solid understanding of design patterns, data structures, and advanced programming techniques.
- Experience with C++11 or newer.
- Attention to detail and ability to write clear documentation.
- Experience with continuous integration, deployment and release management tools.