Software Engineer Real-time 3D Geometric reconstruction (temporary assignment)
We are seeking a highly motivated software developer to join our agile team at IMEC, working on advanced awareness of robotic systems. Our goal is to develop SAFEBOT, a cutting-edge safety system that can be integrated into any robot, allowing us to overcome the safety-productivity dilemma currently facing the industry. Our mission is to make robots and collaborative robots safe and productive around humans, enabling out-of-the-box safety. You will be working in a hands-on and collaborative environment that encourages engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. The primary responsibility of this role will be to develop software that creates real-time parametric geometric models of objects, using RADAR, LIDAR and Stereo Vision sensor systems, to perceive the environment around the robot. If you are passionate about robotics and software development and want to be part of a team working on cutting-edge technology that will shape the future of robotics, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Design and implement high-performance Real-Time APIs in C or C++, or OpenCL or Rust that interface with our SAFEBOT system architecture.
- Utilize Embedded technologies such as RADAR, LIDAR, and Machine Vision Cameras to perform Real-Time 3D object reconstruction.
- Optimize data processing using parallelization and perform complex mathematical and graphic calculations.
- Implement efficient Real-Time target and object tracking systems.
- Have expertise in Real-time DSP and filtering techniques such as Bayesian signal processing, Kalman filters, Gauss-Newton, and Polynomial filters.
- Ensure adherence to model design requirements and conduct test verification, validation, and integration.
- Provide concise progress updates, test results, and follow established software standards and guidelines as set by the system architect.
Required knowledge and skills
- You have a Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- You have confirmed programming skills in C or C++, and Matlab & Simulink.
- You have experience with geometry processing technology.
- You have experience with processing real-time data streams from sensors.
- You have the ability to collaborate with developers, customers, and leadership, both verbally and via documentation.
- Strong understanding of software design requirements and experience with test verification, validation, and integration.
- You are a critical thinker, have high adaptability and a solid sense of ownership.
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate across groups.
- You have the capability to manage time independently, balancing the needs of multiple parallel activities.
Duration of the assignment
Desired start date and work regime
- As soon as possible
- Fulltime, 5 days/week (40h)
*For this temporary position, you can apply as a candidate or as an independent consultant. As a candidate, you are willing to work through a temporary employment agency. Consultant agencies that wish to present a candidate should contact Flexforce.
*Voor deze tijdelijke positie kan je solliciteren als kandidaat of als zelfstandige consultant. Als kandidaat ben je bereid te werken via een uitzendkantoor. Kantoren die een kandidaat wensen voor te stellen dienen contact op te nemen met Flexforce.