Don’t like a lot of text? Check out what we’re about here!
Worldwide, public sewers are in bad shape because of age and need to be inventoried and repaired. Methods to do this are still very analog and include manual labour in confined spaces. That’s why SpacePal is developing the most efficient and high-tech tools for the inspection and renovation companies to do what they do, better and faster. The SewerMapper is a device that lowers automatically into sewer manholes, and locates, orientates, measures and inspects the manhole by the push of a button; no more workers going ‘down the drain’: only open the cover! SpacePal has gone through different prototypes, has first partners/distributor interests in the EU market, raised seed capital and kicked off with international pilot projects.
What we offer / Benefits
- Enjoy autonomy and control to build a technology company that incorporates your values & interests. A wide variety of responsibilities to be part of it and make an important impact!
- Work with a dynamic and ambitious team, and also meet and engage with all the energetic people and other start-ups in the building.
- Working remotely when necessary/flexible hours!
- You are joining a seed-funded start-up before scaling. A stake in the game (equity with friendly vesting) is potentially part of that.
- SpacePal’s main office is in Wijnegem, Antwerp, where there are 3 meeting rooms, a fabrication lab, and other vibrant companies. Often, work is done from Ghent. For best collaboration, at least 3 days a week should be spent at the same location, based on needs and preference.
Co-create the SewerMapper web-application & platform. Front-end dev. with a touch of back-end database knowledge.
- .NET (Core) and C# is your favourite backend language and you’re proud of it. As an extension to this you know how to use Entity Framework and do know that lambda expressions is not the name of the latest dance festival.
- You understand what REST API’s are and are not afraid to use them. You can create magic with HTML and CSS. Creating beautiful UI’s in line with a predesigned UX mockup is something that doesn’t scare you.
- To you, Linux is more than just a free OS with the friendly penguin: you can actually use it. You know what GIT is and are able to handle its flow.
- Of course, you are eager to learn, also on your own, and love to challenge yourself to write the best possible code.
You know how TypeScript works and are not scared by defining your variables. You are familiar with Unit Tests and are willing to write them to test the existing codebase. C and C++ are not complete strangers to you and you can compile a program and find your way in the codebase to edit little changes.
If you have a bit of experience with video streams and image processing with OpenCV, this can come in handy, but definitely not a must.
Job posted on 29/08/2019
Office SpacePal bvba
Bijkhoevelaan 32c - Wijnegem, Antwerpen 2110 - Phone: +32 474 59 50 59