Don’t like a lot of text? Check out what we’re about here!
Worldwide, public sewers are in bad shape because of age and need to be inventoried and repaired. Methods to do this are still very analog and include manual labour in confined spaces. That’s why SpacePal is developing the most efficient and high-tech tools for the inspection and renovation companies to do what they do, better and faster. The SewerMapper is a device that lowers automatically into sewer manholes, and locates, orientates, measures and inspects the manhole by the push of a button; no more workers going ‘down the drain’: only open the cover! SpacePal has gone through different prototypes, has first partners/distributor interests in the EU market, raised seed capital and kicked off with international pilot projects.
What we offer / Benefits
- Enjoy autonomy and control to build a technology company that incorporates your values & interests. A wide variety of responsibilities to be part of it and make an important impact!
- Work with a dynamic and ambitious team, and also meet and engage with all the energetic people and other start-ups in the building.
- Working remotely when necessary/flexible hours!
- You are joining a seed-funded start-up before scaling. A stake in the game (equity with friendly vesting) is potentially part of that.
- SpacePal’s main office is in Wijnegem, Antwerp, where there are 3 meeting rooms, a fabrication lab, and other vibrant companies. Often, work is done from Ghent. For best collaboration, at least 3 days a week should be spent at the same location, based on needs and preference.
You are the leading engineer with regards to the software part of the SewerMapper system. A combination of backend development (Python) and some GUI on the cloud, with a touch of research (implement algorithms and open-source libraries, ie. PCL and OpenCV). You get the freedom to set up the cloud architecture and add new features.
With the software we want to go towards a sewer management platform where different companies (land surveyors, city, renovators,..) can upload/access collected data and see which party has consulted what type of data. Statistical information is also part of this.
Moonshot? Create an autonomous system that inspects, maps and reports the whole underground wastewater infrastructure!
- Be part of full development cycle, collaborate with our contractors
- Design and build out features
- Challenge the hardware
- Software development roadmap
- Bonus points for curiosity for ML, big data and robotics
You have always loved developing software to make your life easier, or made your own quick hacks using what you could find on the net. A degree in IT or similar is important but does not define you. Releasing early and iterating rapidly do not scare you. You write clear code and have a structured way of working.
You have the opportunity the get a piece of the cake with shares -open for discussion.
Skills & Knowledge
- Point Cloud (PCL)
- Any knowledge related to video (streaming, processing,…)
Interested? Please, contact us
Job posted on 29/08/2019
Office SpacePal bvba
Bijkhoevelaan 32c - Wijnegem, Antwerpen 2110 - Phone: +32 474 59 50 59