Sr. Business Development Manager, ASICs Solutions
What you will do
The imec.link division of imec provides both technical and logistics support to enable prototyping and small/large volume production of custom ASICs. To strengthen our position as a leading player in our field, imec.link is expanding its operations in North America. The Sr Business Development Manager position will be responsible for developing imec.link’s business in North America. You will:
- Use your excellent knowledge of the ASIC market and will build and manage a portfolio of customers in this market.
- Use your knowledge of advanced chip technology (CMOS), empowering you to advise customers and promote an optimal chip technology for their application, in collaboration with the chip foundry and the technical team at imec.
- Prepare quotations to customers and negotiate and finalize contracts.
- Ensure a correct, adequate and efficient execution of chip production contracts and follow up monthly forecasting, delivery schedule and/or production planning.
- You will rely on the expertise and execution of our technical team and on your excellent contacts with the chip foundry to make this a success.
- Advise management regarding actions and (strategic) decisions.
- Represent imec at external fairs and exhibitions where design houses, universities, chip foundries and customers meet.
What we do for you
In this role, you will be valued for your combination of technical expertise and business acumen. You will be able to leverage your knowledge and capabilities to coordinate with clients and internal teams and solve complex technical and commercial challenges to assist our partners in bringing new technologies into industry. In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As a true world player, we offer you an attractive compensation package including medical, dental and vision, and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment.
Who you are
- Master’s degree (preferably in electronics), or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with strong knowledge in the design and fabrication of chips.
- 7+ years of experience in sales and/or business development, in a relevant field, preferably in the fabless semiconductor market.
- Technical knowledge of chip fabrication techniques (CMOS) is a must. This includes: experience and understanding of chip design, tools & flow, as well chip packaging, test is strongly preferred. And you just love to keep up-to-date on the latest developments.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner.
- You enjoy regular travel (2 to 4 trips per month) up to 40% within the US and several visits each year to imec’s headquarters in Belgium.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken), very customer-oriented and diplomatic.
- You are able to extend your internal and external networks and to confer fluently on technical, legal and business related matters.
- A relevant network and experience in a technical-commercial function is a must.
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
It is the policy of imec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline and termination. Reasonable accommodations of disability and religion are available for qualified individuals, upon request, provided that such accommodation does not present an undue hardship to imec.