Senior Business Development Manager Health
What you will do
In this job, you will lead imec’s business development team for the Health domain, including contributing to market strategy, defining the offering and turning this into customer collaborations to maximize impact. Your and your team’s main responsibilities will be:
- Shape imec’s go-to-market strategy for the Health domain, in close collaboration with imec’s CTO Health, program directors and program managers, mapping research and solution roadmaps onto market needs in life science, medtech and wearable/digital health markets.
- Detect, track and quantify market trends and needs relevant towards imec’s Health roadmap and offering definition.
- Articulate the 10x USP’s of the various imec technologies from a market perspective and position them in the value chain of our potential customers.
- Validate the above through Voice-of-Customer input at C-level with our partners.
- Define go-to-market approach that can link imec’s offering to the needs and capabilities of the customers.
- Collect market insights in order to remain up-to-date with the competitive landscape
- Convert the go-to-market approach into customer collaboration leveraging imec’s different business models, including its open innovation programs, bilateral projects, government funded projects and venturing.
- Define and prioritize target customers and customer segments
- Selection of the relevant offering, price setting, business model, IP model
- Setup marketing actions to support the go-to-market
- Manage deal-closing in collaboration with the technical, legal and IP teams
- Represent the customer during the project execution phase
- Implement actions to give feedback to the technical team on the technical offerings
- People management:
- Coach the team, located in Belgium and the Netherland towards maximum business impact
- Lead/Opportunity assignment within the team
- Business Reporting of the team on a continuous basis (weekly, CRM...)
- Implement actions across the regions to train the offerings and capture market feedback
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You hold a scientific degree & and have a solid business background in the wearable/digital health and/or life sciences and/or medtech markets
- You have at least 10 years of product marketing or business development experience in a high-tech environment
- You have experience in a team lead role (people management)
- You are passionate about getting technology to market
- You have excellent communication skills in English