Sr. Strategic Partnership Manager, West Coast
What you will do
As a Senior Strategic Partnership Manager you will be part of the US Business team of imec and establish and grow strategic relationships with new and existing partners with an emphasis on growing our business with new partners and industries. Major targets for this position will be industries that leverage high-speed data communications and sensing technologies, IoT and related topics. To best support a high concentration of industry partners, this position will be based in the Greater San Fransisco Bay Area. The functions of this role will include:
- Drive business activities:
- Identify key target customers and key stakeholders at companies.
- Establish alliances with new industry and research partners.
- Nurture and grow relationships with existing partners.
- Become an expert on each partner’s organization, business model, and strategic priorities to realize new opportunities.
- Take ownership as part of the business team for discussions with both existing and target accounts to maintain the value of the existing and possible new partnerships.
- Structure and Negotiate agreements with partners by working closely across a range of imec teams including: Business Development, Operations, IP, Legal, and Research and Engineering groups.
- Convey to our partners the value of imec’s business offering, IP models and pricing strategy for assigned programs
Increase imec’s visibility in the US within specific industries:
- Give presentations about imec’s game changing technological advancements at relevant industry conferences.
- Join networking groups and attend events
- Brainstorming about new initiatives on how to increase imec’s visibility within specific strategic industries
- Work with senior leadership and business development teams at imec to:
- Define strategic requirements and addressable markets for partnership opportunities
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships and revenue growth and present recommendations to the management team.
- Advocate for critical partnerships across the organization consistent with the business development strategy; gain key stakeholders' support and organizational resources.
- Take ownership as part of the business team for discussions with both existing and target accounts in order to maintain the value of the existing and possible new partnerships.
- Provide industry feedback on imec’s product road maps contributing to the business strategy perspective for the different research segments of imec.
- This is a remote role working from your home office.
What we do for you
As a Strategic Partnership Manager at imec, you will represent a prestigious global research institution. You will have the opportunity to learn about innovations and to contribute technology roadmaps. You will represent an organization that builds industry partnerships with the goal of making positive societal impacts. You will interact with C-level decision makers and some of the brightest minds from around the world to build collaborations that shape the future by leveraging imec’s research capabilities and advancements. This position offers flexibility, an opportunity to work in an international culture, and continuous learning.
Who you are
- You must have a Master’s or PhD in engineering or related fields and 5+ years of experience, combined with strong interest in semiconductor technology and wireless communication. Equivalent combinations of experience and education will be considered.
- You must have 3 to 5 years’ experience in business development and partnership building regarding research and development solutions, preferably in the datacom, telecom, and sensing and imaging markets.
- You must have relevant knowldege of technologies such as, high-speed wireless communications, photonics , sensors and their relevance in the IoT space.
- You must have an established network within industries that utilize highspeed photonics and electronic solutions and depend on advancements in semiconductor technology and IC design.
- You ideally have an understanding of nanoelectronics and semiconductor technology and how research in these fields bring value to other industries.
- You are self-motivated, pro-active and take initiatives.
- You possess distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment.
- You have outstanding presentation, written and verbal communication, engagement and interpersonal skills.
- You are a self-starter who can form insights, drive strategic vision and execute across geographic and organizational boundaries.
- You feel comfortable engaging with executive-level customers, imec’s executives, and other decision makers.
- You can influence stakeholders and business partners at all levels without organizational authority.
- You have a passion for technology, innovation and a willingness to surpass expectations and delivering a surprising and delightful result to all stakeholders.
- You are or can be established to support the respective region of this position (West Coast, Bay Area).
- You have the ability to work and travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
- You are eligible to work in the US.
Imec is an equal opportunity employer
It is the policy of imec to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline and termination. Reasonable accommodations of disability and religion are available for qualified individuals, upon request, provided that such accommodation does not present an undue hardship to imec.